nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Evans, Jason D." <Jason.D.Ev...@disney.com>
Subject Re: Nifi Enhancement Idea
Date Wed, 18 Mar 2020 18:49:10 GMT
Hey Rifat – cool idea.  Is the ListS3 processor something we wrote?  Or are you suggesting
contributing to Nifi itself?

From: "Chowdhury, Rifat" <Rifat.Chowdhury@disney.com>
Date: Wednesday, March 18, 2020 at 2:45 PM
To: "dev@nifi.apache.org" <dev@nifi.apache.org>
Cc: "Loyot, Brendan" <Brendan.Loyot@espn.com>, "Nagwani, Dheeraj X. -ND" <dheeraj.x.nagwani.-nd@disney.com>,
"Evans, Jason D." <Jason.D.Evans@disney.com>, "Rudra, Anshuman X. -ND" <Anshuman.X.Rudra.-ND@espn.com>
Subject: Nifi Enhancement Idea

Hi,

For processors such as ListS3, would it be beneficial to add a new field called “suffix”
so that when I configure my ListS3 processor, I can filter my incoming files furthers in addition
to prefix? The current Template I follow is ListS3 -> RouteOnAttribute(filename endsWith
my suffix criteria) Like if I want to filter for only .csv or .tsv or .gz or .txt files or
any other types of files. Or another Option is have prefix field accept some sort of Java
REGEX Pattern matching. What do you guys think? Shall I create a PR for this against Nifi
Branch for future releases? I don’t feel the need to create a custom processor for this
rather small enhancement.

Best Regards, Rifat Chowdhury
Software Engineer, Data Platforms
[signature_1999449656]
 THE WALT DISNEY COMPANY | DIRECT-TO-CONSUMER AND INTERNATIONAL
Rifat.Chowdhury@disney.com<mailto:Rifat.Chowdhury@disney.com>