nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Fill, Natalia" <Natalia.F...@lgim.com>
Subject Running Nifi on OpenShift
Date Wed, 12 Feb 2020 19:14:24 GMT
Public

Hi,
I am trying to run Nifi pod on OpenShift for several days now and unfortunately unsuccessfully.

The error that I am getting persistently is
replacing target file /opt/nifi/nifi-current/conf/nifi.properties
sed: couldn't open temporary file /opt/nifi/nifi-current/conf/sedXGg2lo: Permission denied

I have tried several things to resolve the issue:
My images are downloaded from https://hub.docker.com/r/apache/nifi

1.       First I run 1.10.0 image which resulted in error above

2.       Upgraded to 1.11.1 image, the error still persist

3.       Tried wrapping the above images in my own image with following modifications to docker
file (used various paths to chmod opt/ opt/nifi), still the same error

FROM xxxRegistry/apache-nifi:1.11.1
USER root
RUN chmod -R 777 /opt
USER 1000

4.       Mounted volume opt/nifi, but this resulted in nifi properties file not being found,
so removed volume as it overwrites Nifi paths

5.       Involved OpenShift administrators to create privileged account for nifi and altered
my yml to use that account (SUPPLEMENTAL_GROUP is what all our pods run under and sn_nif was
created specially to resolve this case)

securityContext:
  supplementalGroups:
  - ${SUPPLEMENTAL_GROUP}
serviceAccount: sn-nif
serviceAccountName: sn-nif

6.       Removed securityContext to ensure serviceAccount is used
Can someone please suggest how to resolve this issue. Otherwise I will have to give up on
Nifi as I don't have any more time on this project to spend on Nifi config.

Thank you

Natalia

Natalia Fill
Analyst Software Developer
Legal and General Investment Management
One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA
020 3124 3430
www.lgim.com
This e-mail (and any attachments) may contain privileged and/or confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient please do not disclose, copy, distribute, disseminate
or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error please reply
and tell us and then delete it. Should you wish to communicate with us by e-mail we cannot
guarantee the security of any data outside our own computer systems.

Any information contained in this message may be subject to applicable terms and conditions
and must not be construed as giving investment advice within or outside the United Kingdom
or Republic of Ireland.

Telephone Conversations may be recorded for your protection and to ensure quality of service

Legal & General Investment Management Limited (no 2091894), LGIM Real Assets (Operator)
Limited (no 05522016), LGIM (International) Limited (no 7716001) Legal & General Unit
Trust Managers (no 1009418), GO ETF Solutions LLP (OC329482) and LGIM Corporate Director Limited
(no 7105051) are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. All are registered
in England & Wales with a registered office at One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA

Legal & General Assurance (Pensions Management) Limited (no 1006112) is authorised by
the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the
Prudential Regulation Authority. It is registered in England & Wales with a registered
office at One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA.

Legal & General Property Limited (no 2091897) is authorised and regulated by the Financial
Conduct Authority for insurance mediation activities. It is registered in England & Wales
with a registered office at One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA.

LGIM Managers (Europe) Limited is authorised and regulated by the Central Bank of Ireland
(C173733). It is registered in the Republic of Ireland (no 609677) with a registered office
at 33/34 Sir John Rogerson's Quay, Dublin 2, D02 XK09.

Legal & General Group PLC, Registered Office One Coleman Street, London, EC2R 5AA.

Registered in England no: 1417162

**** This email has come from the internet and has been scanned for all viruses and potentially
offensive content by Messagelabs on behalf of Legal & General ****