nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Thomsen <mikerthom...@gmail.com>
Subject Why do we treat Decimal as a Double
Date Sun, 23 Feb 2020 15:29:09 GMT
Here's the ticket I'm working on for a reference:

Curious to know if there was a particular reason why logical type Decimal
as a Double in the Record API. Decimal has a higher range of values that
can be encoded than would normally go into a Double. Should I continue to
refactor this or is there a good reason to keep as is and make the Mongo
processors that handle records smart enough to at least push the Double in
as a Decimal128 so the data type is at least correct in Mongo?

Thanks,

Mike