nifi-dev mailing list archives

From sivasankar Reddy <mail2ms...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: nifi deploy automation - variables pass through (incl controller services)
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2019 20:59:09 GMT
Hi Bryan,

Thanks for your input. I would like to know more

1. how does CLI pg-import  works if already canvas has 100 to 150 flows. Will CLI pg-import
always place the flow in canvas which can be easily located. As nipyapi has location(x,y)
during deploy flow.

2. From enterprise usage, do you recommend toolkit CLI vs nipyapi, it seems toolkit CLI is
part of official Nifi.

Any other points regarding this will be helpful.

Regards,
Siva

On 2019/08/08 22:41:43, Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A lot depends on whether you are doing the promotion with the UI or
> with scripts using something like NiFi CLI or NiPyApi.
>
> 1) Currently references to controller services outside the versioned
> process group need to be set after initial import. In the next release
> it will auto-select by name as long as there is only one service with
> the given name and type in a parent group (name is not unique).
>
> 2) The snapshot of the variables are part of the versioned flow, so
> after importing you would have to set the new values in the target
> environment. This can be done in the UI or with scripts.
>
> 3) The REST API allows for positioning of any component that is
> created. i can't speak for how to do it with NiPyApi, but I know the
> CLI pg-import command attempts to automatically organize the imported
> process groups on the root canvas so that they don't overlap.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Bryan
>
> On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 4:32 PM sivasankar Reddy <mail2msiva@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > We are looking for nifi deploy automation from regsitry -> higher nifi instance.
Quick observations during intial evaluation.