nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject [DISCUSS] Next version of NiFi Registry after 0.5.0
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2019 15:41:55 GMT
Typically after a release we set master to the next second digit
version (i.e. release 0.5.0 and then master goes to 0.6.0-SNAPSHOT),
but I wanted to discuss the idea of working towards a 1.0.0 release
for NiFi Registry.

I've been doing some work to support an HA deployment of NiFi Registry
and it requires breaking changes to the REST API to introduce an
optimistic locking strategy. I'd like to be able to land this work in
master in the near future.

I wanted to see what other work/changes we might want to target for a
1.0.0 release. One big item would be Java 11 support, but technically
we can do that without a major release (just like we are doing in
NiFi). The question would be whether we want NiFi Registry 1.0.0 to
make Java 11 the minimum, and if so, then at what point would we be
ready to do that.