nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bimal Mehta <bimal...@gmail.com>
Subject Variables to start a NiFi flow
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2019 16:30:35 GMT
Hi,

We have a data flow which extracts data from source database table and
loads into target hive table. This flow needs to  run several times in a
day to get delta records from source table and also for multiple tables .
Now we need to replicate this same process for all the different source
tables. So rather than creating multiple data flows for each separate
table, can I use the existing flow and pass parameters like source table
name to that flow and the flow starts. Basically looking for an interface
where the user can pass the table names that we want to load at a given
point in time  and the flow is triggered for that table. Variable Registry
comes to mind, but I am not sure how to make it work for this use case. We
are using NiFi 1.9.0  as part of CDF bundle.

Thanks
Bimal Mehta