nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Use a different runtime
Date Fri, 12 Jul 2019 22:27:17 GMT
Mike,

The short answer is “this is not as simple as replacing one class”. The longer answer
is that you may be interested in the work by Mark Payne and Sam Hjemfelt to provide an additional
runtime in NiFi (referred to as stateless NiFi [1]). Hope this helps.

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3241 <https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3241>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On Jul 12, 2019, at 12:12 PM, HWANG, MICHAEL (MICHAEL) <mhwang@research.att.com>
wrote:

> Hello
>
> I want to use Nifi's UI and APIs (i.e. registry) but not use the Nifi scheduler, controller,
runtime.  I want to prototype hooking in my own scheduler, controller, runtime.  How involved
would this be?  Would it be more involved than replacing the class "org.apache.nifi.web.controller.ControllerFacade"
in the nifi-web-api sub-project with my own version?

> I like Nifi's concepts, defined resources, and UI user experience and unfortunately we
have legacy runtime elements like an orchestrator that must be continued to be used.  It's
part of my requirement.