nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff <jtsw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CM of nar via toolkit cli and regisry
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2019 06:43:12 GMT
Aaron,

New versions of NiFi are generally released after a member of the community
proposes a release and someone volunteers to perform the duties of the
release manager.  There is no predefined schedule or projected release
dates.  I think there are a few major feature JIRAs on which work is
currently being done, and once those are resolved/finished, at that point
someone may make proposal to create a release candidate for 1.10.0.

Regarding the error to which you are referring, does the
TestStandardMyService class make use of nifi-mock classes?  Is
TestStandardMyService within the "src/main" folder of your module?  If so,
you may want to move that class into "src/test", as I don't believe the
nifi-maven-nar plugin bundles test code when it creates the NAR.  From the
stacktrace, I see that TestStandardMyService makes a call to a
org.apache.nifi.util.MockControllerServiceIntitializationContext method,
which comes from nifi-mock.  If TestStandardMyService is included with the
rest of your "production" code, you might want to refactor your module so
that it is part of the "test" code.  That should remove the dependency on
nifi-mock.