nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [EXT] Re: GitHub Stuff
Date Tue, 11 Jun 2019 20:43:01 GMT
Peter,

If you have specific issues setting it up, I’m happy to help debug. I haven’t done it
recently but am willing to investigate with you.

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On Jun 11, 2019, at 12:55 PM, Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I will admit I've never setup GPG signing on Linux. I'm sure there are
> some additional challenges there.
>
> Not sure if it is helpful, but there are a few things related to Linux
> that are mentioned on this Github page:
>
> https://help.github.com/en/articles/telling-git-about-your-signing-key
>

> On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 3:45 PM Kevin Doran <kdoran@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> Yep, I support these suggestions.
>>
>> Setting up GPG does have a learning curve for folks that haven't done
>> it before, but I think our community would be helpful in assisting
>> folks on the mailing list and Apache NiFi Slack where they run into
>> trouble. It's a good practice to learn and once setup there's not much
>> more to do to get the benefits of it.
>>
>> Setting up GPG is also required when acting as release manager in
>> order to sign convenience binaries (and soon, as Andy brought up,
>> maven release artifacts as well - I think that is also a good idea),
>> so the effort required to get setup for GPG has lots of benefits for
>> folks that are interested in RM'ing as well.
>>
>> Kevin
>>
>> On Tue, Jun 11, 2019 at 3:30 PM Peter Wicks (pwicks) <pwicks@micron.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I like having signed commits. I develop on both Windows and Linux, but have only
had success getting signing working on Windows (which was a bit complicated as it was). You
can see when I switched from mostly Windows to mostly Linux by when I stopped signing commits...

>>> Thanks,
>>>  Peter

Bryan. GPG signing is very important for security and for encouraging the rest of the community
to adopt these practices as well.