nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Wicks (pwicks)" <pwi...@micron.com>
Subject Custom Javascript in UI Without Custom Build
Date Wed, 17 Apr 2019 14:22:24 GMT
I have some custom Javascript, used for application monitoring, that I'd like to put in the
UI. I know how to do this if I'm willing to run a custom build of NiFi.  Is there anyway to
do this without a custom build of NiFi?

My first thought was creating a dummy processor with an Advanced UI, and seeing if maybe I
could get Javascript for that Advanced UI to run when the NiFi UI is loaded. This is a bit
of work, so I thought I'd ask before trying this.

My second thought was to try and abuse the nifi.ui.banner.text setting, but this uses `text()`
to set the banner text, so would not work for a block of Javascript.

I ran across this article by Scott Aslan, https://community.hortonworks.com/articles/134888/an-apache-nifi-frontend-developers-cookbook-part-1.html,
but it was focused on core NiFi UI (great read, just not the direction I'm trying to go).

Thanks,
  Peter