nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Shawn Weeks <swe...@weeksconsulting.us>
Subject RE: Adding HBase Support for AtomicDistributedMapCacheClient
Date Thu, 25 Apr 2019 16:32:26 GMT
I'll need to add a check and mutate method to the HBaseClientService Interface, should I just
extend with a HBase2ClientService or add checkAndMutate to the existing interface and just
make it raise an exception if you try and use it against hbase 1? While Hbase 1.x supports
checkAndMutate it doesn't provide a way to filter on timestamp which is part of how I was
going to implement the revision requirement for AtomicMapCache.

Thanks
Shawn

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, April 25, 2019 9:11 AM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: Adding HBase Support for AtomicDistributedMapCacheClient

I'm not aware of a JIRA, so I'd say go for it.

On Wed, Apr 24, 2019 at 9:27 PM Shawn Weeks <sweeks@weeksconsulting.us> wrote:

> Seems like this should be fairly easy for HBase 2.x with the checkAndMutate functionality
and I was wondering if there is already a Jira for this. Otherwise I might make an attempt
at it. It would be good to be able to support Wait/Notify and other things that need AtomicDistributedMapCacheClient
using an Apache developed product commonly found in a Hadoop Cluster.