nifi-dev mailing list archives

From jpconver <jpcon...@gmail.com>
Subject How to decrypt one field in a Json and return the original JSON with that field decrypted
Date Mon, 15 Apr 2019 23:23:10 GMT
Dear all!

I'm a Nifi Newbie and I'd like some guidance to solve this problem.

I have a use case where I receive a JSON with one field encrypted. What I'd
like to do is to process this JSON with NiFi and return the original JSON
but with the field decrypted. I'd like to use the processor EncryptContent
if that's possible.
I know the name of the encrypted field in advance.

For example if a Receive the following json

{"id":"1","name":"paul","password":"encryptedPassword"}

I'd like to return (or have an some point of the flow)

{"id":"1","name":"paul","password":"decryptedPassword"}

What would be the best strategy to achieve this without developing a custom
processor?

Thanks!
  JP