nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Samuel Hjelmfelt <samhjelmf...@yahoo.com.INVALID>
Subject Renaming NiFi-Fn to Stateless NiFi
Date Fri, 05 Apr 2019 21:05:31 GMT

Hi Everyone,

If there are no objections, I would like to rename NiFi-Fn to Stateless NiFi. This is more
intuitive for the uninitiated and makes it easier to differentiate the FaaS use cases from
other use cases (e.g. long-running stateless flows).

Originally, it was called MagNiFi to draw the comparison to MiNiFi, but the name had to be
changed due to a trademark. NiFi-Fn was a reasonable fit given opportunity for FaaS, but it
has been leading to confusion given that there are other places that we could use it. Long
running processes in particular do not feel like functions (even if they technically are).

>From a code perspective, I would just change the directory to "nifi-stateless" and class
names from "FnProcessSession" to "StatelessProcessSession" for example.

-Sam