nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: NiFI Registry System Admin question regarding GitFlowPersistenceProvider
Date Wed, 27 Mar 2019 02:55:09 GMT
Hi Hillary,

I believe you can just initialize a local git repository as usual (i.e. git init .) and configure
the remote to be github.companyname.com <http://github.companyname.com/>, then configure
the GitFlowPersistenceProvider [1] to point the “Flow Storage Directory” value to this
directory. If you already have an existing repository, it should be as easy as cloning the
repository to the local file system and pointing there. See additional docs (mostly summarized
above) about initializing the Git directory here [2].

If you try/have tried these steps and it does not work, please let us know and we can work
with you to resolve the issue.

[1] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-registry-docs/html/administration-guide.html#gitflowpersistenceprovider
[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-registry-docs/html/administration-guide.html#initialize-git-directory

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
alopresto.apache@gmail.com

> On Mar 26, 2019, at 1:29 PM, Locke, Hillary [US] (MS) <Elaine.Locke@ngc.com> wrote:
>
> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> We would like to tie a NiFi Registry to our Enterprise GitHub repository. However, I
cannot find any examples given for how to connect to a repository which is not directly in
github.com, but rather in an enterprise GitHub account (github.companyname.com). How do I
configure the providers.xml to link to https://github.sector.companyname.com/teamname/reponame.git?
I do not know how to set up the property for Flow Storage Directory in the flowPersistenceProvider
for this.