nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff <jtsw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Support for JDK 11
Date Mon, 11 Mar 2019 21:25:48 GMT
Mike,

Due to other commitments, work on building NiFi on Java 11 was
de-prioritized, temporarily.  I'm picking up where I left off.  Here's a
short list of where we're at:
* https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NIFI-5820 for running NiFi on Java
11 that was built with Java 8.  I need to rebase the PR [1] on master,
though.
* My branch with the updated POMs and code compiles on Java 11, but some of
the tests are failing.  There are more code changes I need to make, among
them developing/integrating a replacement for dropwizard's JVM metrics
library, in which the version that can run on Java 9+ no longer has the
VirtualMachineMetrics class that some of our reporting tasks use.

I think it's close to being able to open a WIP PR so that live testing can
start, but I'd like some more time to at least get the remaining unit tests
passing.

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/3174