nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy LoPresto <alopre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Contributing to Nifi
Date Tue, 26 Mar 2019 15:58:48 GMT
Hi Chris,

Thanks for getting involved and contributing back to the community. There is no formal voting
process to prioritize contributions — the Contributor Guide [1] and Developer Guide [2]
have a lot of useful information around this. In general, for conversations like the one you’re
asking for, an email to the list is sufficient, and anyone who feels strongly will weigh in
here. Once you’ve had a discussion around this, you can prioritize your contributions, open
Jira tickets for each, and create the pull requests. A committer will need to provide formal
acceptance before the code can be merged, so this may require multiple rounds of comment/discussion/patching.
All committers have a lot of responsibilities, so the expectations around time frame to merge
may be extended right now. But opening the PRs will definitely get some community feedback,
so I encourage you to do that.

To create/assign Jiras, please reply here with your username (and those of your colleagues
if applicable), and I will give you the proper permissions in our Jira instance.

Personally I am most interested in the EncryptValue processor, so depending on my tasking
for the next few days, that’s where I would likely focus my attention if available.

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Contributor+Guide <https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Contributor+Guide>
[2] https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/developer-guide.html <https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/developer-guide.html>

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org