nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Milan Das <m...@interset.com>
Subject Re: Set root level access policies using NiFi REST API
Date Thu, 27 Dec 2018 21:09:20 GMT
Thank you. I used Chrome developers tool to track all API calls.
I added all the steps in my blogs. It is needed by many users.
https://milandas.wordpress.com/2018/12/27/nifi-grant-all-access-to-initial-admin-user/ <https://milandas.wordpress.com/2018/12/27/nifi-grant-all-access-to-initial-admin-user/>

Thanks,
Milan Das

> On Dec 18, 2018, at 4:50 PM, Andy LoPresto <alopresto@apache.org> wrote:
>
> You can also use tools like the NiFi CLI [1] or community-provided tools like NiPyAPI
[2] to exercise the REST API via command-line actions rather than having to execute individual
curl commands, etc.

> [1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-toolkit/nifi-toolkit-cli
> [2] https://nipyapi.readthedocs.io/en/latest/readme.html
>

> Andy LoPresto
> alopresto@apache.org
> alopresto.apache@gmail.com
>
>> On Dec 18, 2018, at 11:05 AM, Bryan Bende <bbende@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Anything you can do from the UI you can do from the REST API.
>>
>> You can open something like Chrome Dev tools and watch the network tab
>> which performing the desired action in the UI. Then you can see what
>> API calls the UI makes.
>> On Tue, Dec 18, 2018 at 1:53 PM Milan Das <mdas@interset.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I am wondering if it is possible to set root level access policies using NiFi
REST API.