nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Doran <kdoran.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: NiFi documentation source files?
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2018 22:14:39 GMT
HI Mark,

As Apache NiFi is an open source project, you are welcome to all of the source files, including
the documentation, available here [1] and mirrored to github as well [2]. The documentation
source, written in asciidoc, is in the nifi-docs module of the project [3].

[1] https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=nifi.git
[2] https://github.com/apache/nifi
[3] https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-docs/src/main/asciidoc

Cheers,
Kevin

From: "Weddle, Mark" <mweddle@ciena.com>
Date: Monday, October 15, 2018 at 17:53
To: "dev@nifi.apache.org" <dev@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: NiFi documentation source files?

Hello,

I’m writing documentation for Ciena’s Blue Planet Analytics<http://www.blueplanet.com/products/analytics.html>
product. Engineering is implementing Apache NiFi to gather data from devices instead of the
data acquisition API. BPA will include NIFI templates built for BPA; all users need to do
is follow them. I planned to document only the templates and refer users to the NiFi documentation<https://nifi.apache.org/docs.html>
for everything else. However, some customers, like Verizon, believe BPA documentation should
document NiFi; they don’t want to have to jump back and forth, so I’ll include some fundamental
NiFi topics in the BPA doc and refer users to the NiFi doc for advanced details.

Can you provide the name of someone on NiFi documentation team that I can work with to get
the documentation source files?  Although I can copy the HTML text from the website, having
the text source files and graphic originals would save a lot of time.

Thank you!

Mark Weddle | Senior Analyst |
Ciena Blue Planet Division
mweddle@ciena.com<mailto:mweddle@ciena.com> |