nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Littleton <marklittle...@hotmail.co.uk>
Subject Expression language and NiFi registry
Date Wed, 24 Oct 2018 17:30:14 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I'm currently doing a lot of work with Nifi and recently we have been trying to come up with
a solution to a problem. We installed Nifi registry backed by our Git repository for versioning
our flows. This has worked out great for us as we can now track the version of our flows correctly
and make sure they are backed up in source control.

However when we want to do deployment between our Development Nifi cluster and our Qa Nifi
cluster we have to ofcourse change some values. These could be amqp queues, directories on
the file system etc.

So ofcourse we use variables so that we can configure the values without it being detected
as a change to the flow. A problem arises however when we need to configure an option that
does not support expression language. For example the host name of the amqp processors.

This leaves us in a situation where a change to the flow is detected. The only real option
I have as far as I can see is to clone the flows and have one for each environment which I
don't like at all.

Is anyone else struggling with similar issues. If so how are you handling It?

Sent from my Sony Xperia™ smartphone