nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Wilcsinszky <peterwilcsins...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about nifi-env.sh
Date Mon, 27 Aug 2018 08:07:23 GMT
Hi Lars!

The idea you proposed - to set only what has not been set already - makes
sense, however it may cause unexpected side effects in deployments where
there are environment variables hidden by nifi-env.sh. This is theoretical,
but I can imagine situations where operators tried to set variables without
luck and forgot to remove them later. I mean we should better do this
opt-in, for example we may have a variable that can be used to disable
nifi-env.sh completely. We did something like that in the docker image
where nifi-env.sh is explicitly cleared [1] but would benefit from a more
generic solution.

[1]
https://github.com/apache/nifi/blob/master/nifi-docker/dockerhub/Dockerfile#L82

Peter