nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Thomsen <mikerthom...@gmail.com>
Subject LookupService + flowfile attributes
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2018 16:06:23 GMT
On the RestLookupService PR I think Koji mentioned the idea of expanding
the lookup capability to include flowfile attributes. That sort of thing
would be immensely useful on two PRs I have already open for lookup service
changes for ES and Mongo. Koji, add your thoughts, but what I'm thinking
would be a new PR that adds:

T lookup(Map<String, String> flowfileAttributes, Map<String, Object>
coordinates);

to the LookupService interface and has the related processors pass in the
flowfile attribute map. Specifically, it would help make the schema access
capabilities really usable with lookup services (see MongoDBLookupService
PR for example; I added a new SchemaRegistryService type for JSON sources)