nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Doran <kdo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache NiFi Registry 0.2.0 RC1 Release Helper Guide
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2018 14:36:16 GMT
Hi Mike,

If Docker is preferable for anyone doing RC validation, here are the steps for building a
NiFi Registry Docker image based on the convenience binaries for 0.2.0 RC1:

# From a source code checkout or from the unzipped source artifact provided (nifi-registry-0.2.0-source-release.zip),
cd to the "dockerhub" sub directory of the nifi-registry-docker module:

    cd /path/to/nifi-registry-docker/dockerhub

# Run the following command, which will build the Dockerfile in this directory using ARGs
to override the binaries to download to point to the RC convenience binaries:

    docker build \
      --build-arg UID=1000 \
      --build-arg GID=1000 \
      --build-arg NIFI_REGISTRY_VERSION=0.2.0 \
      --build-arg MIRROR=https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev \
      -t apache/nifi-registry:0.2.0-rc1 .

>From there, follow the instructions in the dockerhub/README.md file for running the Docker
image you just built in a container. Note to replace "apache/nifi-registry:latest" in the
readme instructions with the tag in the command above, " apache/nifi-registry:0.2.0-rc1" For
example:

    docker run --name nifi-registry \
      -p 18080:18080 \
      -d \
      apache/nifi-registry:0.2.0-rc1

This will make the container available from the host machine (via port forwarding) on the
default 18080 port.

The dockerhub/README.md file includes instructions for running the image as a secured NiFi
Registry.

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for taking the time to look at the RC!

Kevin

´╗┐On 6/16/18, 09:27, "Mike Thomsen" <mikerthomsen@gmail.com> wrote:

    Thanks. I'll give those a look today.