nifi-dev mailing list archives

From scott <tcots8...@gmail.com>
Subject NiFi code re-use
Date Sun, 13 May 2018 01:01:31 GMT
Hi Devs,

I've got a question about an observation I've had while working with
NiFi. Is there a better way to re-use process groups similar to how
programming languages reference functions, libraries, classes, or
pointers. I know about remote process groups and templates, but neither
do exactly what I was thinking. RPGs are great, but I think the output
goes to the root canvas level, and you have to have have connectors all
the way back up your flow hierarchy, and that's not practical.
Ultimately, I'm looking for an easy way to re-use process groups that
contain common logic in many of my flows, so that I reduce the amount of
places I have to change.

Hopefully that made sense. Appreciate your thoughts.

Scott