nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre Villard <pierre.villard...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Firefox - Slower movements when moving around the canvas
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2018 17:58:25 GMT
OK... that's weird. I also have the same issue when running FF in safe mode
(with no plugin enabled at all).

When running the performance tool, I've this kind of result (if the picture
is going through the mailing list):

This is just for moving from one place to another on the root canvas. The
green being "Paint" events.

Not sure it could relate to something else running on my Mac since I don't
see the issue at all with Chrome. But nothing unusual running on it as far
as I know...

‚Äč

> I just upgraded to Firefox 59.0.2 (from 58) on my Mac. I am also not seeing
> any glaring performance difference between FF and Chrome and I also would
> say FF 59 is faster than the previous version.
>
> Pierre, are you running any other plugins for FF or any other software on
> your Mac that may impact overall performance?
>
> On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 4:30 PM, Matt Gilman <matt.c.gilman@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have not had a chance to fully dig in but I upgraded from Firefox 57 to
> > Firefox 59. While there is nothing quantitative behind this Firefox 59
> > seemed to have better performance. I'll continue investigating and
> digging
> > through some Firefox tickets to see if there is anything interesting.
> > Additionally, Firefox 59 seemed to be on par with Chrome 65.
> >
> > Matt
> >
> > On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 4:10 PM, Michael Moser <moser.mw@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Adding a data point: using Firefox for Linux 64-bit, I see no
> difference
> > > between Firefox 58.0.2 and 59.0.2.  Neither exhibit a slow canvas with
> > the
> > > NiFi UI.
> > >
> > > -- Mike
> > >

> > > On Tue, Apr 3, 2018 at 3:24 PM, Pierre Villard <
> > > pierre.villard.fr@gmail.com>

> > with
> > just

> > > layers.omtp.enabled