nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Suhail Memon <suhailme...@overstock.com>
Subject Re: teradata and nifi
Date Tue, 06 Feb 2018 23:27:14 GMT
Hello,

Just doing a follow up here. Is there any way in NIFI to bulk load large amount of records
in Teradata?

Regards,
-Suhail

From: "suhailmemon@overstock.com" <suhailmemon@overstock.com>
Date: Monday, February 5, 2018 at 3:45 PM
To: "dev@nifi.apache.org" <dev@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: teradata and nifi

Hey Guys,

We’re trying to do bulk loading of data in Teradata using NIFI. Is that possible in NIFI?
Currently we noticed that row by row inserts to teradata is possible but that is not scaling
well when it comes to loading millions of records. Teradata has their own set of utility operators:
FASTLOAD, MULTILOAD, TPTLOAD, TPTUPDATE, etc that we can use to do fast bulk loading of records
into Teradata.  Does NIFI support any of these operators? So far I only see the option to
run SQL against teradata not utility jobs

Please let me know thanks.

Regards.
-Suhail

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message is intended only for the use and review of the individual
or entity to which it is addressed and may contain information that is privileged and confidential.
If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible
for delivering the message solely to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If
you have received this communication in error, please notify sender immediately by telephone
or return email. Thank you.