nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Christianson <aichr...@protonmail.com>
Subject MINIFICPP-357 minifi-cpp Design decision: Flow Configuration v3 yml vs properties
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2018 18:27:53 GMT
All,

Currently in the middle of MINIFICPP-357.

v3 includes core/repository configuration in the yml file, while traditionally in minificpp
this has been set with the .properties files in config/.

E.g.

Core Properties:

flow controller graceful shutdown period: 10 sec

flow service write delay interval: 500 ms

administrative yield duration: 30 sec

bored yield duration: 10 millis

max concurrent threads: 1

variable registry properties: ''

FlowFile Repository:

partitions: 256

checkpoint interval: 2 mins

always sync: false

Swap:

threshold: 20000

in period: 5 sec

in threads: 1

out period: 5 sec

out threads: 4

Content Repository:

content claim max appendable size: 10 MB

content claim max flow files: 100

always sync: false

How should we handle this in minificpp with v3 support? Do we want to keep the convention
of using the .properties file, or move all that into the yml?

Regards,

Andy I.C.

Sent from [ProtonMail](https://protonmail.com), Swiss-based encrypted email.