nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Jeff <jtsw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi Registry 0.1.0
Date Mon, 01 Jan 2018 19:20:05 GMT
+1 (binding)

- Ran through the helper guide
- Ran through the initial testing steps in the helper guide
- Ran through several use case scenarios, everything worked as expected,
with a minor exception described below.

NiFi Registry looks great!  I think this provides a huge quality of life
improvement for NiFi and its users, and this is only the initial release!
Amazing!

One thing I did notice, when working with two process groups referencing
the same versioned flow.  If one of these process groups is modified (for
example, a processor was added) and the changes are committed, the second
process group will report that it's up to do date, though it doesn't have
any of the changes that were committed.  It appears there's a period of
time between the commit of the changes and NiFi's retrieval/integration of
the updates from the registry. Refreshing the NiFi UI during this time
period will still show both process groups as up to date, though the
process group with the second instance of that versioned flow will still
not have the changes.  Some moments later, the second process group's icon
will report that there's a new version.  Updating that second process group
to the new version works as expected.

This is minor and doesn't effect NiFi Registry, but I thought I'd mention
it here.  I'll post this on the NiFi PR [1] as well.

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi/pull/2219.