nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Moser <moser...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Nifi "event driven" scheduling strategy Custom Processor
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2017 19:47:28 GMT
Hello!

An "event" in the context of the NiFi @EventDriven annotation is the
arrival of a flow file in the queue that is an input to a processor.  The
only purpose of @EventDriven is to save system resources when compared to
the default Timer Driven strategy, in which a processor polls its input
queues for flow files to work on.

If this matches your expectation for the Event Driven scheduling strategy,
then you must generate an "event" with another processor on the NiFi
graph.  This could be as simple as a GenerateFlowFile processor that runs
on a predictable Timer Driven period or Cron Driven schedule.  You could
also use another ingress [1], or data ingestion processor [2], to create a
new flow file containing an event.

[1] -
http://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/developer-guide.html#ingress
[2] -