nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Custom properties file for environmental promotion
Date Wed, 08 Nov 2017 14:30:48 GMT
Hello,

Regarding Remote Process Groups, this is definitely something that
needs to be improved. There is a JIRA to make the URL editable [1].

A significant amount of work has been done on the flow registry [2],
and this will become the primary way to deploy flows across
environments.

The typical scenario would be to save your dev flow to the registry,
and when importing it to QA or prod, you would then edit the RPG
(based on the JIRA to make it editable) to be the URL for that
environment.

After that the URL would be set for that environment and would not be
changed when upgrading to newer versions.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Bryan

[2] https://github.com/apache/nifi-registry