nifi-dev mailing list archives

From James Wing <jvw...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hello
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2017 18:23:44 GMT
A great place to start is the NiFi Development Guide (
https://nifi.apache.org/docs/nifi-docs/html/developer-guide.html).  The
Development Guide explains how the NiFi API works, and the extension
components you may develop to customize NiFi.

If you prefer to learn from examples, there are many processors included in
the NiFi project, and it is likely that one or more of them do something
similar to your goals.  You will find the processors under the
nifi-nar-bundles subproject at
https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-nar-bundles.

Last, I recommend starting with a scripted component using the
ExecuteScript processor.  ExecuteScript is a built-in NiFi processor that
executes your custom logic written in a scripting language like Groovy,
Javascript, Python, etc.  It is extremely helpful to prototype your
processor behavior, and understand how it should behave within a flow
before investing in Java code.  You may find that scripting is good
enough.  There are a lot of articles about scripted processors, but you
might start with
http://funnifi.blogspot.com/2016/02/executescript-processor-hello-world.html
.

Thanks,