nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Forcing FlowFiles to Expire at a Connection
Date Fri, 10 Nov 2017 14:47:02 GMT
Mike,

FlowFile expiration can happen in two ways:

1) There is a background thread that runs every 30 seconds or so that can trigger Expiration
2) Whenever a Processor (or other component) pulls from a queue, any expired FlowFiles are
expired instead of being handed to the Processor.

So if the destination of the connection is not running, you will see it expire only once every
30
seconds.

Thanks
-Mark