nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Karthik Kothareddy (karthikk) [CONT - Type 2]" <karth...@micron.com>
Subject Updating users through Rest API
Date Fri, 04 Aug 2017 15:50:14 GMT
Hello All,

I am trying to add/update users through REST API, I am using InvokeHTTP to do that, I tried
simple addition of user with the below Json and it worked perfectly.

{
  "revision" : {
    "version" : 0
  },
  "permissions" : {
    "canRead" : true,
    "canWrite" : false
  },
  "component" : {
    "identity" : "testuser"
  }
}

However, once the user is added I am trying to add him to the user groups that I have for
my instance. I'm using the json that I got by querying a different user by (/tenants/users/{id}).
I have updated all the UID in the returned json to match the other user and use this PUT /tenants/users/{id}
for the update. It doesn't seem to have any effect on the "testuser", it still says he does
not belong any group. Can anyone help me with some examples on how to effectively add/update
users.

Thanks for your time,

-Karthik