nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Avro Reader reading from FlowFile throws SchemaNotFoundException
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2017 13:37:50 GMT
Hello,

I think I see what the problem is now...

The exception in your second email is coming from the CSV writer which
is set to get the schema from the "Schema Text" property, which is in
turn set to ${avro.schema}.

I believe what you showed in the section ### FLOWFILE ### is the
content of the flow file which is different than a flow file
attribute, so I don't think you actually have a flow file attribute
named avro.schema.

Ideally what you really want here is for the CSV writer to just use
the same schema that the reader used. In the unreleased code which is
currently set for 1.4.0-SNAPSHOT, there is a new Schema Access
Strategy called "Inherit Record Schema" which is what you want to
choose on the CSV writer.

In order to make it work in 1.3.0, you would need to take the schema
generated from QueryDatabaseTable and paste the schema text into the
"Schema Text" property on the CSV writer.

Alternatively you could create an AvroSchemaRegistry and declare the
schema in there, and then reference it by name.

-Bryan