nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Doran <kdoran.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Separate MiNiFi projects in JIRA
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2017 15:22:51 GMT
Would  it suffice to make the existing 'component'  field _required_ at ticket creation time,
and having components consist of 'C++', 'Java', & perhaps 'Both/All/*' as well? I imagine
that is less effort than setting up and maintaining a separate project and solves the problem,
unless there are advantages that a separate project would provide other than just issue filtering
by C++/Java.

Kevin

On 8/21/17, 11:18, "Andy Christianson" <achristianson@hortonworks.com> wrote:

    Joe,

    We actually already have that. There is a 'C++' and 'Java' component. It works for the
most part, but there are cases where it becomes ambiguous, particularly on docker-related
tickets.

    I think there's certainly an argument that we need to just track components more carefully.
Having it be a separate JIRA would make it harder to make a ticket ambiguous. Is it worth
the effort/overhead of setting up another JIRA? I'll leave that to the more experienced/established
Apache parties since I don't know what the overhead cost is.

    Regards,

    Andy I.C.
    From: Joe Witt <joe.witt@gmail.com>
    Sent: Monday, August 21, 2017 11:10 AM
    To: dev@nifi.apache.org
    Subject: Re: Separate MiNiFi projects in JIRA

    Can we recommend and setup a set of component names so that filtering
    can be done reasonably?

    If we do that would it be sufficient?

    Alternatively we can ask ASF infra to setup another JIRA project such
    as 'minificpp' but I'd like to avoid that until we're really sure we
    want to bug em.

    Thanks

    On Mon, Aug 21, 2017 at 11:03 AM, Andy Christianson