nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Christianson <andrew.christian...@nextcentury.com>
Subject Re: MiNiFi C++ Unit Test Example
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2017 15:22:58 GMT
Sounds good. I will keep an eye out for those merges.

" For example, it would be nice to eat our own dog food by creating
interfaces for easily instantiating and connecting processors."

Hits the nail on the head. Creating all the underlying infrastructure/connections when I really
just want to test onTrigger is the real headache at this point.

Regards,

Andy
From: Marc <phrocker@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 5, 2017 10:42:18 AM
To: dev@nifi.apache.org
Subject: Re: MiNiFi C++ Unit Test Example

Andrew,
   To come back around to this I wanted to let you know I have a PR to
complete some of the activities regarding volatile repos. Provenance and
FlowFile volatile repos are mostly complete with a pending PR to tie in the
reporting functionality to it. I'm nearly read to update said PR for the
content repo. The goal here is to move most tests over to volatile repos
unless those tests specifically need, which I'm testing now. Currently we
write content to the test folder, I want this to go away before I jump into
a test harness.
  In regards to your question about an example minimal test. We have the
ProcessorTests.cpp and various other processor specific tests; however,
there is still a lot to add. I'd like to get to a point that we can more
easily build some of these tests using the code that exists to run the
agent. For example, it would be nice to eat our own dog food by creating
interfaces for easily instantiating and connecting processors. I have some
ideas, so I'll put them up in a ticket once my current effort is finished.