nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: AbstractRecordProcessor
Date Sat, 17 Jun 2017 15:18:13 GMT
Hi Chris,

I think a good place for an abstract record processor would be in the
standard record utils under nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-extension-utils:

https://github.com/apache/nifi/tree/master/nifi-nar-bundles/nifi-extension-utils/nifi-record-utils/nifi-standard-record-utils

We've taken a similar approach for other abstract processors by putting
them in nifi-processor-utils which is also under nifi-extension-utils, but
since this depends on the record API I would lean towards the standard
record utils.

For an archetype, I am on the fence about whether maintaining a separate
archetype is worth it. We could also just document the maven dependcies
that should be added to work with records when using a project generated
from the standard archetype? With that plus the abstract record processor
it might be easy enough for people to get going.

-Bryan

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile