nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Aldrin Piri <aldrinp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is it an AND or OR condition of attributes in getTwitter processor (Terms to Filter On, Locations to Filter On)
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2017 18:33:47 GMT
This is driven by the underlying library and service as defined here
https://dev.twitter.com/streaming/overview/request-parameters

>From the location section,
https://dev.twitter.com/streaming/overview/request-parameters#locations:

Bounding boxes do not act as filters for other filter parameters. For
> example track=twitter&locations=-122.75,36.8,-121.75,37.8 would match any
> Tweets containing the term Twitter (even non-geo Tweets) OR coming from the
> San Francisco area.

If you wish to constrain tweets to a given geo area, you could use NiFi
processors to filter out the desired terms.