nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Yuri Krysko <Yuri.Kry...@mcdean.com>
Subject Controller service question
Date Fri, 12 May 2017 15:43:47 GMT
Hello Devs,

I discovered Apache NiFi several days ago, parsed through all the docs and would like to ask
for your opinion on my use-case. I plan to have several custom processors to do HTTP POSTs
to a 3rd party ticketing system via its REST API based on the Flowfiles fed by other processors.
In order to compose JSON payload messages and POST to this ticketing system, in addition to
the FlowFiles, these custom processors require metadata info from the ticketing system. The
metadata may or may not change over time, as it is potentially configurable by the ticketing
system admins. I am wondering whether I should create a custom Controller service to pull
the metadata and make it available to all interested processors? Can I include a Runnable
task in the Controller service and have a configurable parameter of how often to pull the
data?

Thank you,
Yuri

________________________________

LEGAL DISCLAIMER: M.C. Dean, Inc. and its subsidiaries considers this e-mail and any files
transmitted with it to be protected, proprietary or privileged information intended solely
for the use of the named recipient(s). Any disclosure of this material or the information
contained herein, in whole or in part, to anyone outside of the intended recipient or affiliates
is strictly prohibited. M. C. Dean, Inc. accepts no liability for the content of this e-mail
or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information contained in
it, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Employees of M.C. Dean,
Inc. are instructed not to infringe on any rights of the recipient; any such communication
violates company policy. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution,
or action taken or omitted in reliance on this information is strictly prohibited by M.C.
Dean, Inc.; please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail, delete this communication
and destroy all copies.