nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Duplicated processors when using nifi processors dependency
Date Sun, 21 May 2017 17:28:05 GMT
Currently the AWS NAR contains the processors, controller service API, and controller service
implementation, all in one NAR.

Typically the controller service API should be in its own NAR, so there should be something
like:

nifi-aws-bunde
	nifi-aws-service-api
	nifi-aws-service-api-nar
	nifi-aws-processors
	nifi-aws-nar

The nifi-aws-service-api module would have the AWSCredentialsProviderService interface. The
nifi-aws-nar would have a NAR dependency on nifi-aws-service-api-nar.

Setting it up this way, you nifi-aws-utils project could have a provided dependency on the
nifi-aws-service-api, and then your custom NAR could have a NAR dependency on nifi-aws-service-api-nar.

There is some more information here about setting up controller services:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NIFI/Maven+Projects+for+Extensions#MavenProjectsforExtensions-LinkingProcessorsandControllerServices

https://github.com/bbende/nifi-dependency-example <https://github.com/bbende/nifi-dependency-example>