nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Kevin Doran <kdoran.apa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache NiFi MiNiFI C++ 0.2.0 (RC2)
Date Mon, 08 May 2017 15:57:26 GMT
+1 (non-binding), despite one minor bug found, for which I opened MINIFI-303 [1].

- Verified signature, hashes, git commit
- Built successfully (Mac OS 10.12.4)
- Verified tests (Mac OS 10.12.4)
- Verified linting
- Reviewed README, NOTICE, and LICENSE, both in source and in build output.
- Verified application works as expected with a few variants of flow config file

Potential future improvements (have not created JIRAs or searched for existing JIRAs):

- nifi.security.need.ClientAuth property not working when set to false (MINIFI-303 opened)
[1]
- Fix or note expected CMake Dev Warning [2]
- Fix or note expected for compile warnings for civetweb, built under the thirdparty/ directory
as part of the minifi build. [3]

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MINIFI-303

[2] CMake Warning output:

 CMake Warning (dev) at libminifi/CMakeLists.txt:22 (project):
  Policy CMP0048 is not set: project() command manages VERSION variables.
  Run "cmake --help-policy CMP0048" for policy details.  Use the cmake_policy
  command to set the policy and suppress this warning.

  The following variable(s) would be set to empty:

    PROJECT_VERSION_MAJOR
    PROJECT_VERSION_MINOR
    PROJECT_VERSION_PATCH
This warning is for project developers.  Use -Wno-dev to suppress it.

[3] Example of civetweb warning:

nifi-minifi-cpp-0.2.0-source/thirdparty/civetweb-1.9.1/src/civetweb.c:14680:56: warning: expansion
of date or time macro is not reproducible
      [-Wdate-time]
                    NULL, NULL, block, sizeof(block), "Build: %s%s", __DATE__, eol);