nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Michele <miteg...@gmail.com>
Subject [Urgent] Injecting a Java Agent into Apache NiFi
Date Tue, 11 Apr 2017 20:52:57 GMT
Hello *NiFi Dev Team,*

Good day!

I have an inquiry regarding how Apache NiFi starts up on Windows.

I need to use Dynatrace to monitor Apache NiFi application. Dynatrace is an
application monitoring software that can monitor any application on any
platform. https://community.dynatrace.com/community/pages/
viewpage.action?title=Get+Started+with+Dynatrace&spaceKey=DOCDT62

Specifically for NiFi which is Java-based (correct?), the first thing to do
is to inject an agent in the start file of NiFi (run-nifi.bat) by placing
below command:

*-agentpath:"C:\Dynatrace
6.5\agent\lib64\dtagent.dll"=name=JavaApplication_Test,server=localhost:9998*

But when I do so, I get a Windows batch command error when I run *run-nifi.bat:
   **"Input line is too long"*

Attached files:

run-nifi-orig.txt is the original start file for NiFi for Windows
run-nifi.bat.txt is the edited start file where the agent
(*-agentpath:"C:\Dynatrace
6.5\agent\lib64\dtagent.dll"=name=JavaApplication_Test,server=localhost:9998)
*is inserted and set as DYNA_ARGS

Looking forward to your response. Thank you very much in advance.

Sincerely,

Michele