nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Russell Bateman <r...@windofkeltia.com>
Subject Ensuring org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter.arrayFormat() in
Date Thu, 06 Apr 2017 18:28:52 GMT
I'm struggling to figure out how to respond to this problem of ensuring
the presence of MessageFormatter(), which I think is in
/slf4j-simple-x.y.z.jar/, and/or ensuring the log4j system is properly
initialized. The need for slf4j is clearly coming from NiFi; I only need
it because it's a dependency in NiFi. I know there are problems with
slf4j version mixtures and I'm trying not to do anything else but allow
NiFi to cause the right version to get pulled in.

When I run some of my unit tests, I'm seeing this:

(com.imatsolutions.nifi.processor.filter.LegacyFullDocSearchReplaceFilter).

java.lang.AssertionError: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter.arrayFormat(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Lorg/slf4j/helpers/FormattingTuple;

     at
org.apache.nifi.util.StandardProcessorTestRunner.run(StandardProcessorTestRunner.java:192)
.
.
.
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.slf4j.helpers.MessageFormatter.arrayFormat(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/Object;)Lorg/slf4j/helpers/FormattingTuple;
     at org.apache.nifi.util.CapturingLogger.warn(CapturingLogger.java:304)
.
.
.

Suggestions? Rules of thumb?