nifi-dev mailing list archives

From "Uwe Geercken" <uwe.geerc...@web.de>
Subject Processor logic
Date Thu, 16 Mar 2017 22:28:31 GMT
Hello,

I have a little bit of a hard time to design processors correctly. I find it difficult to
decide if a processor should e.g. process a single line from a flow file or process also flow
files with multiples lines of data (e.g. in the case of CSV files). Another point is the handling
of header rows. One other point is data provenenance events: what is the correct event I should
use when modifying attributes, content or both?

Is there a guide which outlines the best practices for such cases? I have the feeling that
many of the processors handle these issues quite differently. I think there either should
be a sort of standard or otherwise it should be well documented. And although there is very
good documentation available for the project, for some of the processors one has to play around
quite a bit to get it right because they behave differently or have a different philosophie
and one has to understand it first to get it right.

Would appreciate to get some feedback and advice or pointers to documentation.

Uwe