nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Otto Fowler <ottobackwa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maybe a handy script for working with PRs
Date Fri, 24 Mar 2017 02:01:06 GMT
Nice,
I like this one because I can just dump a pr in ~/tmp or wherever -or- in
my current.

I’ll star this though :)

On March 23, 2017 at 18:55:52, Andy LoPresto (alopresto@apache.org) wrote:

Thanks Otto. I have a similar bash function I use:

function gpr() {
echo "Fetching and checking out new git branch pr$@..."
git fetch --all
git checkout master
git pull upstream master
git checkout "upstream/pr/$@"
git checkout -b "pr$@“
}

Usage: For PR 1234

$ gpr 1234

Andy LoPresto
alopresto@apache.org
*alopresto.apache@gmail.com <alopresto.apache@gmail.com>*

On Mar 23, 2017, at 7:00 AM, Otto Fowler <ottobackwards@gmail.com> wrote:

On the metron project, many of our committers use a couple of scripts when
working with PRs, either cloning and testing or preparing commits.
I have created a version of the checkout-pr script for the nifi project,
and though maybe someone would be interested.

This work is a fork of Nick Allen’s original repo for Metron.

https://github.com/ottobackwards/commit-pr-stuff

If you look in the nifi folder, there is a checkout-nifi-pr script, which
when called will checkout a pr for you to work with.
I am not sure if you have something similar already, but I thought I would
throw this over the wall just the same.