nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Release of Apache NiFi nifi-nar-maven-plugin 1.2.0
Date Mon, 20 Mar 2017 15:47:40 GMT
Sebb,

Sorry for any confusion. I used the normal announce template that we
always use, except the paragraph that normally explains what NiFi is:

"Apache NiFi is an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to
process and distribute
data. Apache NiFi was made for dataflow. It supports highly
configurable directed graphs of data routing, transformation, and
system mediation logic."

was replaced with:

"The Apache NiFi NAR Maven Plugin helps to build NiFi Archive bundles
(NARs) to support the class loader isolation model in NiFi."

I thought this made sense because the release being announced was not
a release of Apache NiFi itself, but a release of Apache NiFi's NAR
Plugin, so I was trying to describe the thing being released.

Going forward we can definitely include the description of NiFi when
releasing the NAR plugin.

Thanks,

Bryan