nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Zhurakousky <ozhurakou...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Hosting API's on Nifi
Date Thu, 02 Mar 2017 19:26:59 GMT
Anil

Aside from opening another port I don’t se how you can overcome this issue. HandleHttpRequest
essentially starts another web server and this server needs a port to listen on.
Further more, there are many other network based Processors that come with NiFi that would
fall int the same category - “a processors that need to bind to a port” to facilitate
communication with external systems, so I’d recommend bringing this up with your AWS admins.

I know there is nor much help in my reply, but I hope you understand.

Cheers
Oleg

> On Mar 2, 2017, at 2:08 PM, Rai, Anil (GE Digital) <anil.rai@ge.com> wrote:
>

> Hello All,
>
> I  am exposing an API using HandleHttpRequest on my local nifi instance. The HandleHttpRequest
processor requires a Listening port that I need to provide. If I enter 80 in that field, the
processor fails when it starts saying “unable to initialize the server”. Which is expected
as the webserver uses that port to serve the canvas. So if we provide any other randon number
then it works fine.

> When I promote the above API on the nifi cluster that is hosted on our AWS farm, then
we are unable to invoke this API. As only 80 and 443 are opened on AWS.