nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Payne <marka...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Data recovery with full disk
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2017 17:24:43 GMT
It probably would be safe, but I'd recommend shutting down first if possible, because I can't
guarantee it.

Thanks
-Mark

On Feb 1, 2017, at 9:18 AM, bmichaud <ben_michaud@optum.com<mailto:ben_michaud@optum.com>>
wrote:

Thanks for the help. Is it safe to do this while NiFi is running, or should
it be shut down first?

Mark Payne wrote
Ben,

You can certainly delete archived content from the Content Repository.
Assuming that you are
running Linux (or OSX or cygwin, etc.) you could do this by running
something like:

find content_repository/ -type f -amin +600 | grep archive | xargs rm -f

That would delete anything from the Content Repository's archive that is
older than 10 hours.
Once you've cleaned that up, you should be able to restart NiFI.

Note that this is assuming that your content repo and flowfile repo are on
the same partition,
as otherwise this wouldn't help given that your flowfile repo is the repo
that is complaining about
being out of disk space.