nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Bean <mark.o.b...@gmail.com>
Subject site-to-site configuration
Date Thu, 23 Feb 2017 17:34:41 GMT
I am attempting to setup secure site-to-site using NiFi 1.1.1. I have
secured NiFi, and am able to access the UI securely via HTTPS. I have set
the following security-related properties:

nifi.sensitive.props.key=<key-value>
nifi.sensitive.props.key.protected=
nifi.sensitive.props.algorithm=PBEWITHMD5AND256BITAES-CBC-OPENSSL
nifi.sensitive.props.provider=BC
nifi.sensitive.props.aditional.keys=

nifi.security.keystore=<keystore-file>
nifi.security.keystoreType=JKS
nifi.security.keystorePasswd=<password>
nifi.security.keyPasswd=<password>
nifi.security.truststore=<truststore-file>
nifi.security.truststoreType=JKS
nifi.security.trsustorePasswd=<password>
nifi.security.needClientAuth=true
nifi.security.user.authorizer=file-provider
nifi.security.user.login.identity.provider=

I also set the site-to-site properties:
nifi.remote.input.host=<host-fqdn>
nifi.remote.input.secure=true
nifi.remote.input.socket.port=<port, different from https UI port>
nifi.remote.input.http.enabled=true
nifi.remote.input.http.tansaction.ttl=30 sec

The authorizers.xml has been setup to import the legacy
authorized-users.xml. And, this correctly populated the users.xml to
include the remote server for the site-to-site. It also added users to the
authorizations.xml file to include the user (i.e.server ) with site-to-site
resource (both R and W).

Despite this setup, the Input Port on the UI does not show an Access
Control tab as in NiFi 0.x. I am not sure how to authorize the remote
server such that the Input Port will be displayed in the remote server's
Remote Process Group's list of ports.

Have I missed a step in the security and/or user authentication setup?

Thanks,
Mark