nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Mark Bean <mark.o.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Access policies
Date Fri, 24 Feb 2017 17:32:54 GMT
I am attempting to apply Access Policies appropriately. As a very first
step, I want to grant a user access to the UI. From the global menu, I
chose Users and added the user. Then, again from the global menu, I chose
Policies. I added the user to "view the user interface" and "access the
controller" ("view" only; not "modify").

When this failed to give the user access, I went to the component level
policy at the root of the graph (i.e. "NiFi Flow" process group). I granted
"view the component".

With the above policies, the user receives a message that states "Unable to
perform the desired action due to insufficient permissions. Contact the
system administrator."

How do I grant a user access to the UI?

The Admin Guide has a section on Access Policy Configuration Examples.
However, it begins with "The following scenarios assume User1 is an
administrator and User2 is a newly added user that has only been given
access to the UI." Suggestion: create a new example scenario which
demonstrates "has been given access to the UI".

Thanks,
Mark