nifi-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Bende <bbe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reporting tasks as processor properties
Date Thu, 16 Feb 2017 17:49:35 GMT
Russell,

ReportingTasks are a global element that operate outside the the flow,
meaning they are not related to processors. They are meant to be
scheduled on some time interval to report things like metrics or
provenance to systems outside of NiFi.

The paragraph you referenced from the developer guide was talking
about when a ReportingTask needs to use a ControllerService, there are
two ways to obtain the controller service, and one way is preferred
over another. The only example of this is the
SiteToSiteProvenanceReportingTask which uses an SSLContextService.

Thanks,

Bryan